Saturday, August 25, 2012

Greeting to all my Friends on the road;

I know it has been a while since the last post but work is work and travel is travel.  As was once said I travel when I can and work when I should.  But just wanted to up date you one the news.

1. Had to take the Motorhome back to Roy's had a problem with the sewer line and the furnace, They fixed the line and on the 5th they will fix the furnace.  all about customer service with Roy Robinson.

As for KM and Beachwood well we have not heard from them about fixing the situation, Seems that status qo is always the same up there. it is no wonder they give out free memberships they can't sell them.  I will still hold off any more criticism of the other parks until I visit them.  But I have feed back from others who said they had the same problems with the other camps in Washington state.

The following have been given out and I do not give stars easily. I may be tough on the ratings but I would rather be tough and make sure my friends get a great camping experience than be easy and have you all get shafted.

Roy Robinson (****) 4 stars is the best I can give them they are the best dealers out there in my mind.

5 Star RV on Aurora (***.5) 3.5 Stars  They are great for sales and their customer service is great, but their maintenance department needs work...I have talked to people about 5 Star and they all seem to complain about the maintenance they received from them. from failed satellite to engine repair.

Poulsbo RV (*) 1 Star  Their lots look well organized and full of RV's great selection, But you can look around or shop, they are rude when it comes to people just looking to see what is out there,  the sales department does not want you to waste their time jsut come in buy a motor home and leave and be happy, does not matter if you got a motorhome you not satisfied with...Many I have talked to have said they will never go back to Poulsbo ever again. and in the RV industry Return buyers is Important.  I have hear bad news about their maintenance departments to, they do the minimum work.

Beachwood Resort (**) sales and organization is bad, they stuff people in like sardines. no real pace over sold and over booked sites.  Not friendly people who run or work at Beachwood and they do not want to hear about the negative .  or listen to their customers.

SunLake Resort (***) this camping sites has a great location, they have great sites plenty of room and do not try and fit you in like sardines.  although it is a state park it is still a great way to spend a weekend or a few days just having fun.  I is a State park, you have to reserve and you pick your spot, have great full service sites, and though the price is a bit high it is worth the cost to stay .

Baker Lakes campground (***) I gave them 3 stars also though they are a state park and no hook ups that we saw I have heard they have them.  We walked around the camp and found it to be well organized and clean, again cost is much but worth it is your looking for a great fishing lake.

Olallie State Park (**) state parks usually are for blue tent campers not motor home campers such is the one.  We went in a capmer and had a gret time but I would not take my motor home. no hook ups, not sewer and although it is spacious it is not motorhome park, jsut getting in is not easy.  lots of water corssing the road and I would nott take anything bigger than a truck and camper there.

Fort Townsend State Park (**) there are plenty of hook up in the woods, but the rest rooms and showers were not well kept while we were there. Information was hard to find, Great for campers and truck ampers and small RV's not for bigger motorhomes.

I will keep you posted out there.  Have a great trip and a wonder filled journey.  

remember life is about the journey not the destination
 

No comments:

Post a Comment